Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes

I've had this idea for a long time, and finally decided to make it. Basically just any old meatloaf recipe, but instead of making one big loaf, make smaller balls and put it into a cupcake pan. Then, put whipped potatoes on top as the "frosting."


When we made the meatloaf, we didn't measure anything or follow any recipe, we just guessed. We used 1 lb ground turkey, some flax meal and crushed garlic melba toast, 1 egg, a splash of milk, some ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, a little A1, diced celery, diced yellow bell pepper, green onion, sea salt, pepper, daddy hinkels (Chris's favorite steak seasoning)... and I think that's it.



Bake for about 45 min at 350, then put a blob of ketchup on each one and bake another 10min.



In the meantime, make your potatoes. You can do it from scratch, but I didn't want them lumpy so I used just a Betty Crocker instant creamy whipped potato mix (plus added some salt, pepper, and garlic powder). I loaded up the taters in my new frosting device and piped them on top of each mini meatloaf.



Served up with some corn and green beans and you've got a simple (and kid-friendly if that's important to you), nothing-fancy, yummy supper.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Think I'll try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should make these for me jessica.

    ReplyDelete