Friday, September 9, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Balls

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory of what these are. Balls of chocolatey peanut buttery goodness!



I made just a regular ol' box of chocolate cake (which by the way smelled so so so good. I think I want a candle called "warm chocolate cake"). After it cools, crumble it up. Looks like dirt. 



Instead of using frosting, I used straight creamy peanut butter. I stirred in almost a whole jar because it required that much to get to the right consistency. Unfortunately, I think this resulted in too much peanut butter and not enough chocolate, but for some that's okay. Me, I prefer more chocolate, but I guess I can't always have my way.



Ball it up, then let them chill (freeze) for a few hours. Melt down some vanilla candy chips or almond bark. Dip each ball into the coating and set on wax paper to cool.

For the finishing touches, melt down a Hershey chocolate bar and scrape it into a plastic baggie. Cut off a small tip and use it to drizzle chocolate over the tops of the balls. This really made the balls look a lot nicer!



Yum yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment